Re: [light] [proximity] Merging interfaces

On May 13, 2013, at 11:36 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi
> <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to let you know I plan to update the Proximity and Ambient Light specs next Wednesday as outlined below:
>>
>>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0008.html
>>
>> I'd kindly ask you to speak up before next Wednesday 15 May should you have any concerns with the suggested changes.
>
> My and Doug's bad, we do have concerns. It basically boils down to how
> often these events would dispatch. While the device* ones would pretty
> much change all the time, the expectation is that the others would be
> far less noisy.

That's the same issue I flagged earlier:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0043.html

Do you guys have a proposal in mind how to best address this? I'll defer from updating the spec until we've fleshed out this issue. Forcing content authors to throttle events in script is probably not a great solution.

-Anssi