Re: [Permissions] Notification on Device API Access

Hi Alexandre,

On 31/05/2013 17:41 , Alexandre Morgaut wrote:
> Still:
> - for features that are not mandatory in an implementation,
> - if an "Always Allow" option is proposed,
> I think vendors should be encouraged to propose:
> - an easy way to remove the permission
> - a notification option to be sure there is no abuse of the permission
>
> I agree imposing it may be a bit unrealistic
> Maybe APIs involving permissions could reference to a W3C Note suggesting it
>
> Opinions?

I agree that it's a reasonable thing to expect from an implementation.
But the problem is that with such a document you enter UI
specifications. And implementers tend to ignore those. There have been
attempts to write such documents, notably for situations where it could
really be important to have some user-visible interoperability (notably
for security-related UI, such as telling the user that she is navigating
an HTTPS site) but they have all failed.

So before jumping into writing anything, it's well worth making sure
that the resulting document will actually be useful, read, applied, etc.

I guess the important question is: what do you hope to make happen with
such a document that implementers wouldn't already do because they care
about the experience that their users have?