Re: State of the Network Information API specification

In scientific applications I believe one doesn't just provide a number - one includes a confidence interval or an indication of precision etc.  So this makes sense to provide a qualification of the bandwidth as well with the data item.

Sounds like this would work with what Mounir was suggesting of allowing implementations to improve without radical rework - in this case the metadata item could change as implementations improve. Not sure if it should be source or something else.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia