ReSpec noLegacyStyle config flag (Re: Proximity Events Feedback)

Hi Robin,

On 20.12.2012, at 12.35, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

>> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Anssi Kostiainen
>> <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com> wrote:
>>> If I understood you correctly this could be fixed by removing all
>>> "Attributes" and "Dictionary XXX Members" sections (and updating
>>> the TOC accordingly). I'll need to dive into ReSpec and see if I
>>> could craft a patch to make this a config flag. I could quickly
>>> monkey patch this but that'd be a bit hackish, I guess.
>
> Anssi, if you have the time to work on this I'd be happy to help, it's been on my plate for a long while.
>
> I think that the simplest approach would not be to hack it into the current WebIDL support (which is complicated enough as it is) but rather to build a new way of supporting WebIDL, probably using a real WebIDL parser (which we now have) and hot comments to provide extra prose.

I just sent you a pull request. I did not find the current WebIDL support too complicated so I hacked this into it. I'll look into the real parser later on.

In short, I added support for 'noLegacyStyle' config flag which, if set, removes legacy DOM-style sections following WebIDL blocks. I also made ReSpec move dictionaries, enums et al. before the target interface and separated the interfaces with a blank line in line with modern authoring practices.

I announce this on spec-prod if this gets in to the release. I'll also add this flag to specs I edit, so the new style should kick in when you do the next ReSpec release.

Thanks Anne for reminding me of this important feature.