best

De: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com<mailto:waldron.rick@gmail.com>>
Fecha: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:59:27 -0500
Para: Doug Turner <dougt@mozilla.com<mailto:dougt@mozilla.com>>
CC: Ray You <ryou@mozilla.com<mailto:ryou@mozilla.com>>, "public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org>" <public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org>>, "doug.turner@gmail.com<mailto:doug.turner@gmail.com>" <doug.turner@gmail.com<mailto:doug.turner@gmail.com>>, Thinker Lee <tlee@mozilla.com<mailto:tlee@mozilla.com>>, Marco Chen <mchen@mozilla.com<mailto:mchen@mozilla.com>>, "bj-b2g@mozilla.com<mailto:bj-b2g@mozilla.com>" <bj-b2g@mozilla.com<mailto:bj-b2g@mozilla.com>>
Asunto: Re: [magnetic field event] Proposal for magnetic field event
Nuevo envío de: <public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org>>
Fecha de nuevo envío: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:59:55 +0000

On Friday, December 28, 2012, Doug Turner wrote:
On 12/28/12 10:40 AM, Rick Waldron wrote:
> These APIs absolutely need to move away from copying the
> DeviceOrientation and DeviceMotion specs.

I disagree.  I think for the sake of consistency, we should follow the
pattern.

Just because there is a pattern, doesnt make it the right pattern. The design is wrong and ill-fitting for JavaScript programs. Dispatching events to an irrelevant global object is a sloppy and misguided approach that will fail hard once there is more then on of any sensor type.

Rick

Doug

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at: