Re: [discovery-api] Consolidated comments and questions

Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> Le 5/2/13 15:36 , Rich Tibbett a écrit :
>>
>> It will notify you if the number of services available of a type equal
>> to any of the original requested service types changes in the network.
>> It's intended as a flag that will allow your web application to
>> respond to perceived changes in the current network, if it so wishes
>> to do so (instead of, for example, polling getNetworkServices every X
>> seconds with a knock-on bad user experience).
> JCD: For online attribute and events, how are you implementing it
> "underneath" if not by polling ?

There are a number of ways we'll be notified that new services are
available on the network. Polling is one option at the implementation
level. There may be others. We may receive unsolicited advertisements
from services on a listening host/port. Services may push new statuses
themselves using well-defined mechanisms, etc.

- Rich