Re: [discovery-api] how does serviceavailable function in practice

* Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
>Let us imagine that after a first call to getNetworkServices, I get a
>NetworkServices object with 0 entries.
>So I have to listen to the serviceavailable event on that
>NetworkServices object to get any new matching service.
>Probably, the event handler is going to provide me with a new obect of
>type NetworkService. Is that correct ?

Based on the current Working Draft that would not be possible because
the `serviceavailable` event object implements only the Event interface
which lacks support for such information. That would also seem to be odd
design. I would rather think the object the listener is registered on is
mutated prior to the dispatch of the event.

>I did not find in the spec where this is specified.
>What did I miss ?

In <http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-discovery-api-20121004/> section 7 in
the first list in the sublist in the fourth list the third item mentions
`serviceavailable`. You can then step back through the code to see what
effect the individual assembly instructions, like "increment service
manager's servicesAvailable attribute by 1" have (reverse-engineering).