Re: [discovery] Comments/Questions on Network Service Discovery

Le 8/8/13 02:06 , Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com a écrit :
> I have some questions/comments on the latest network service discovery editors draft , https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/discovery-api/Overview.html
>
> General Comments
>
> (1) Should we limit service discovery mechanisms in the core specification?
JCD:
Should we limit the applicability of the NSD spec to some exhaustive
list of protocols ? NO
Should we limit the mention of specific protocols in the core spec ? YES

> At a high level, what is the criterion for including service discovery mechanisms?
JCD: If it is a discovery protocol that is widely implemented and
meaningful to the industry, it should work with NSD.
As this is a moving target, the text should be flexible.

> will it be feasible to interop test all of them to move the specification forward?
JCD: No, hence we should mention none in the core spec. I am aware this
is not the policy currently applied to the spec.

> How hard will it be to  maintain the specification relative to the evolving status of some of them, such as DIAL?
JCD: Hard, so please move it to a separate annex or spec.

> Would it make sense to have separate specifications for some of the discovery mechanisms, beyond SSDP and Zeroconf?
JCD: Yes. It might even make sense to move SSDP and Zeroconf to separate
documents, as smaller documents are usually easier to manage.
Best regards
JC

--
Télécom ParisTech <http://www.telecom-paristech.fr> 	*Jean-Claude