Re: Vibration: throwing and pause

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi
<anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>> Since there are so many opportunities for the UA to just say "fuck it"
>> having this method sometimes maybe throw seems more like a burden than
>> an actual help to developers. I recommend not throwing at all.
>
> This feature is shipping in Firefox for Android and Firefox OS.
>
> Have you received feedback from developers that this is a burden?

No, but given that the user agent may terminate either way (including
without exception), it is better not to throw, especially as this it
is implementation-dependent. You only want to throw if it's traceable
to a clear developer error, here it's not at all clear why.

Also, I think the IDL should say "(unsigned long or sequence<unsigned
long>) pattern"

>> Also, "pause"?! Is that intentional?
>
> This was fixed in the Editor's Draft, see "spin the event loop":
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/

So why does that spin the event loop? Having this method be
synchronous seems really bad.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/