Re: [Proximity] Proposal for addition field

Hi Dzung,

On 13.11.2012, at 20.57, ext Tran, Dzung D wrote:

> For the proximity, I am proposing adding an additional field to indicate which proximity sensor is firing the event. There are some cases that a device has multiple proximity sensors, for instance in an automotive system. My Honda has multiple proximity sensors in its front and back bumpers. Also in tablet / ultrabook, you have a proximity sensor and also a camera that can also use as proximity device. Camera can detect user near / far as an proximity event.
>
> What do everyone think about adding a string field that indicate which proximity sensor into this spec?
>
> 	http://www.w3.org/TR/proximity/#device-proximity

Do you have a code example or two in mind to demonstrate how you'd actually use this in your web app?

I'm asking, because I don't see how an additional arbitrary string field could work.

Are there any native implementations from which we could learn from?