RE: [sensors] Device Proximity (was: Device light and proximity sensor)

It seems as most use cases is about detecting "near" / "far" using a sensor in the user's current device. As far as I know the sensor technology in most devices support this granularity and not a real distance. So a super simple API for this seems as an attractive approach.

External distance sensors, as well as other typically external sensors such as medical sensors, is another thing and discovery has to be addressed so I guess that a Web Intents based approach should be considered.

Claes