Re: Details Matter [Was: Re: System Level APIs draft proposal]

Hi Art,

On May 7, 2012, at 14:30 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 4/30/12 11:28 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
>>     http://darobin.github.com/system-level-apis-charter/
>>
>> Your feedback is welcome!
>
> When DAP was originally chartered three years ago, I think every API proposed as in scope included a draft spec (or a link to a draft spec) to facilitate understanding, to provide some details for an IP analysis, etc.
>
> Would you please do the same for all of the specs in this proposal?

This is just me putting forward a draft proposal, I don't have personal API proposals to put forward for each of those. I can't commit on behalf of anyone else that their APIs will be submitted.

I'll further note that while I understand that having draft proposals can help with IP analysis, it is not a requirement for W3C charters and many groups are indeed chartered without this. What's more, the drafts that were suggested during DAP's chartering are quite different from what DAP ended up working on — so such submissions may be of limited usefulness in reviewing the charter (though they can be extremely useful in getting the work started in a group).

That said, if people who currently have APIs for some or all of these (e.g. Tizen, Mozilla, Microsoft, Google, Opera, Adobe/Cordova) would like the charter to include pointers to their work because they plan on submitting them I would be happy to include them.