Re: Extending Network Service Discovery draft with advertisement

To my earlier response's point, Dave's example is one that I'm having trouble mapping to the HTML5 API mentioned by Richard, except in the case where some home gateway acts as a discovery agent for devices advertising services, and then exposes them to browsers through web pages hosted on the gateway. I think this is reasonable given that gateways may offer a RUI function, and can simplify security management issues as devices/apps can register with the gateway, which then exposes their services according to gateway-owner managed policies.

But I think the multicast approach is more direct, and consistent with the ideas discussed so far in the HNTF.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan