Re: Device Storage API

I certainly can understand the appeal of separating different media types
into different virtual containers, especially in the mobile context where
file storage is generally abstracted away from the user. However, in the
desktop environment I think it will end up confusing the users. If the user
stores their pictures and videos from a particular event in a folder then
when viewed through this kind of API those items get pulled apart into two
different hierarchies. I prefer to preserve the user's organization system
to minimize the user's confusion.

--
Steve