Re: Network Information API: new editor draft

On 02/01/2012 11:48 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> • I'm not sure that metered is such a good idea (i.e. reliable enough to be useful), but I'll let others chime in on this. Asking the user doesn't strike me as the best idea.
>
> • If we do keep metered, I wonder if instead of a boolean we ought to have ""/"maybe"/"probably".

I don't really like ""/"maybe"/"probably" because we want to tell
developers if they can use bandwidth freely or not. With unclear values,
authors will not know what to do and they might end up doing something
the user isn't expecting.

IMO, user agents and ISP should work together to be able to give correct
values here.

> • onchange should have a little bit of documentation.

I believe this is done in 6.2. Also at the end of 6.1.

Everything else has been fixed (I believe). New version is:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/e79e160c329e/network-api/index.html

--
Mounir