Re: Sensors API : New draft. Includes discovery proposal

From: Rob Manson <roBman@mob-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:45:40 +1100
To: JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA <jmcf@tid.es>, "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

in the spec you describe SensorDataEvent.timestamp as [relative]:

        timestamp of type double, readonly
        The time in nanosecond at which the sensor data was read. This
        value is [relative to the timestamp of the first sample that was
        acquired] for this sensor.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this, but won't it make fusion much more
difficult?  If you start watching a number of sensors and they all
return their first SensorDataEvent after different, but undefined delays
then how can you resolve how they are all temporally related?

Wouldn't it be easier/better if they all shared a common timestamp
derived from the device?  Otherwise this shifts a lot of time management
overhead back onto the developers.

roBman