RE: Last Call for Contacts API

+1 with the following comments prior to Last Call:

1) 4.3 Contact interface

We support the "common subset" approach on the list of contact fields
specified by this interface.
However, while looking at the PhoneGap implementation for various there
are a number of quirks that are needed to implement this API around
existing platforms:
http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap_contacts_contacts.md.html#Contacts

We understand that it is impossible to work around all the platforms but
to minimize the quirks, we propose to drop the fields 'revision',
'gender' and 'timezone' that consistently not used by the majority of
the platforms.

2) Appendix B

This section is intended to be non-normative, yet normative language is
used at multiple places.
It is proposed that normative statements such as SHOULD, MAY be changed
to 'should' and 'may'.

3) Appendix C

It is our understanding that OMA CAB was used among the list of contact
formats to ensure this API is compatibility with, in addition to vCard
and PoCo.
Therefore we recommend that the following reference to OMA CAB is added
to the list of informative references.

"[OMA CAB] Converged Address Book Enabler, Version 1.0, Open Mobile
Alliance(tm), URL:http://www.openmobilealliance.org/"

If a supporting statement is necessary, we suggest the following
sentence be added to the Contact interface:
"All properties included in this interface have a corresponding
definition in [POCO-SCHEMA], [IETF vCard], and [OMA CAB], thereby
allowing the API to be supported across implementations supporting these
various contact formats."

Otherwise, we are very supportive of moving this spec to LC, and thanks
to the entire DAP WG!

Regards,

Suresh Chitturi
Standards, Applications and Services