Re: CfC: Battery Status Event FPWD

Hi Vivek,

On 30.4.2011, at 18.42, ext Vivek Khurana wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>>
>> this is a Call for Consensus to publish a FPWD of the Battery Status Event (http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/battery-status.html).
>>
>> Please review the current draft and make the comments you believe you need to make before next week, at which point we'll make the decision to publish or not.
>>
>> Note that there is no requirement on FPWDs to be perfect — if they were perfect we'd go straight to LC. They need to be good for broader review, and reasonably feature-complete.
>>
>> Where CfCs are concerned, silence is considered to be assent, but positive support is preferred (even if simply with a +1).
>>

> The spec says "The inclusion of properties isBattery, isCharging, and
> timeRemaining is under consideration. The working group is looking for
> high value use cases for the said properties". Any pointers on what
> kind of use cases required ?

We discussed some potential use cases in the following thread:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/0122.html

The following in particular led us to put the above note in the spec:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0057.html

Now is the right time to chime in if you feel the scope should not be tightened and back up your request with some use cases you think are must haves. So nothing fancy is really required, just give a simple description of how you'd see those properties utilized for something useful and perhaps throw in a couple of lines of (pseudo)code if you like.

-Anssi