RE: Question about HTML Media Capture specification

Yes, but the developer doesn't know what options are available in the device. What would be the use case for me as a developer to specify I want to record audio from the camcorder instead of the microphone?

I would understand having options such as capture="front-facing-camera" and capture="rear-facing-camera". I understand the use case: a web app about photography would probably default to rear-facing camera, but a form to submit your profile photo would default to the front-facing one.

However, I don't understand why I would want to take a picture from the camcorder. Could you elaborate on that? :)

Thanks!
Ernesto