Re: Contacts API updates

Le jeudi 13 janvier 2011 à 10:25 +0100, Rich Tibbett a écrit :
>         >  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2010Feb/0058.html
>         >
>         > Disappointed that this was dropped as it seems we have
>         inconsistency in the browser implementation of data URI
>         processing. It would be good for the W3C URI group to clarify
>         the intended behaviour of this since, at the very least,
>         browsers should handle the results in a similar way (and I'd
>         suggest Opera and Firefox as good references for how it should
>         work).
>

>         I agree this is a low hanging fruit that has demand and use
>         beyond this group.
>

> Does someone in this group also work in the URI Coordination Group?
> Could we bump this discussion?

Note that the URI coordination group no longer exists, even though the
public mailing list there is still open.

That said, the data: URIs are more in the realm of the IETF, since the
data: scheme is defined by RFC 2397:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2397

I think the best way forward would be to re-start a thread on uri@w3.org
copying the participating to the previous thread to ask if this went
anywhere, and maybe offer to help bringing this to the relevant RFC. Any
volunteer?

Dom