RE: Rechartering Device APIs & Policy Working Group

Hi Dave,

Yes, the Geolocation WG has created a draft specification, "The DeviceOrientation Event Specification", for access to accelerometer, magnetometer and gyro data: http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source-orientation.html.

There was activity on the WG's mailing list on this specification during the autumn 2010 but has been quiet since then.

Steve, Andrei, can you give an update on the current status?

Regards
 Claes