Re: Contacts API -- ContactFindOptions

On Aug 25, 2011, at 07:00 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
> On 25/08/11 4:47 PM, Andreas Gal wrote:
>> How can I pass an optional options object here of type ContactFindOptions if I don't have a constructor in the bindings to instantiate one?
>
> As timeless says, this could be changed to a dictionary so that it works.  That, or the [Callback] extended attribute needs to be on ContactFindOptions so that JS user objects can be considered to implement it -- then you can pass { filter: "whatever", multiple: true } to Contacts::find.

I think I like the dictionary solution better (but I won't fight for either option).

Andreas, it seems to me that you're reviewing the snapshot from http://www.w3.org/TR/contacts-api/. I think that you will find that the development version at http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/contacts/ improves on it (diff: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html.diff?r2=1.147&r1=1.158&f=h)