RE: Updated draft charter

See below.

Claes

I struggled with the wording here and also agree that "data type" is not good.

In Android context an "intent" is a an abstract description of an operation to be performed. An intent contains the action to be performed, typically launching an activity, and the data to operate on. An example is launching the Youtube application through an intent when the browser detects a link to a Youtube video.

In the Web Introducer context a provider handles one or more data types that is defined as "a string identifying an interaction pattern between a Customer and a Provider". Examples are "link to a bookmark", "link to a media file of type mpeg", "sms".

What about?

"An API that allows web applications to register themselves as handlers/providers based on an identified data string and an API that enables other web applications to discover these handlers/providers and gain permission to interact with them."