Re: Updated draft charter

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 09:57 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> > Do we also want to include a bullet point on an API for advertising
> > services exposed by web applications?  For example, you could have a
> > gaming app implemented as HTML5 that allows gamers to find each other
> > for an online game without the need for a server.
>
> I think that's close to what Web Intent/Web Introducer is meant to
> provide, but hopefully this will get clearer once I get specific input
> from Claes on this. That said, in general, I would rather err towards
> getting less APIs than more at this stage.

I was thinking about advertising over the local network via discovery
mechanisms like mDNS, so that web applications can both advertise their
services and discover the services advertised by others using the same
discovery mechanisms. This is complementary to web intent/introducer.

I guess a demo would help to show the value of the idea, right?