Re: Clickjacking (was: window.open() and popup blockers)

Hi,

On 7.10.2010, at 17.20, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2010, at 20:32 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
>> Rather than taking clickjacking as the jumping off point perhaps focusing on preventing/managing 'synthesized click events' is the way to go here.
>>
>> Instead, I believe the answer lies in enforcing the DOM Level 3 Events specification behaviour around "user-initiated activation triggers" and "trusted" events:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#trusted-events
>
> That's certainly an option, and it's what popup-blocking mostly does. It's also what input type file does currently, though that is apparently being removed as a limitation (which is excellent news).

For those who may not read the meeting minutes, Robin referred to the way how input type file supports synthesized click events in Firefox 4:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_files_from_web_applications#Using_hidden_file_input_elements_using_the_click%28%29_method

So let's pave the cowpaths with this one.