Re: Draft minutes, F2F Day 2 2010-11-05 (resend, email header correction)

Hi all,

Regarding the problem with write back access to a contact I would like to
share with you something that is working in practice for me on the Android
and iPhone platforms.  What I have done is to add an "id" property to the
ContactField, ContactAddress and ContactOrganization interfaces.

Both Android and iPhone store unique identifiers for data like phone,
emails, urls.  By returning this unique value to the browser as the "id"
property it allows me to determine if this is an existing phone, that is the
id is a non-null value, or a brand new phone, that is the id value is null.
 This has enabled me to save a contact and do a modify or insert of the
users phone numbers as required.

If possible, I'd love to see "id" be added to those interfaces.  If not as
least we have a solution.

What I'm still struggling with is the deletion of data.  For that I think we
need another function.

Also, in section "5.1 Search Qualifiers" it specifies that zero length
search qualifier should return any properties in the resulting Contact
objects.  Is there a way to specify a search qualifier that will return all
properties in the resulting Contact objects?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald