Re: Updates to File API

On 19/05/10 08:00, Darin Fisher wrote:

> It doesn't seem too late to change the name.  FF could support both
> FileReader and BlobReader.  One could just be an alias for the other.
>   It seems like we have situations like this frequently when it comes to
> new web platform APIs.  A name only becomes immutable once there is a
> lot of content using it since user agents would be compelled to support
> the existing name for compat with existing content ;-)

I would agree with this; the name in the specification should be
whatever makes most sense, not the name that has been used in a draft
implementation. I also think it's perfectly reasonable to expect content
using the draft API to be updated over a relatively short period of time
(meaning I would not expect Firefox to handle both names for more than a
year or two).