Re: A Proposal for the Testing Framework

Hi,

On 30.4.2010, at 21.02, ext Brian LeRoux wrote:

> Yes, we did experiment with a number of the aforementioned options
> before settling on qUnit. It would be great if we could adapt
> mobile-spec to the DAP test suite or at least provide some manpower in
> getting it started. As to functional testing, its nearly impossible on
> most platforms without spelunking into some pretty nasty, undocumented
> api calls. Though now I'm thinking it sounds like a fun project. ;D

Personally I also think starting with mobile-spec would be a very good thing. And your manpower would be most welcome! By starting with mobile-spec and QUnit we'd have a vetted basic structure for the testing framework laid out upon which to build. That'd mean we could start writing tests against the DAP specs right away and avoid white paper syndrome.

Brian - would you be able to call in to this week's telco on Wed to quickly share your experiences with mobile-spec? (I think we would like to put this topic on the agenda?)

What comes to functional testing, indeed would be a fun project! Perhaps leaving (automated) functional testing out of the scope for the time being is a sensible thing to do though.

Others - WDYT of the idea of adapting mobile-spec and QUnit?

-Anssi