RE: Updates to File API

On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:37 PM, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
> On 6/22/10 8:44 AM, Adrian Bateman wrote:
> > I think it makes more sense for the URL to be opaque and let user
> > agents figure
> > out the optimal way of implementing origin and other checks.
>
> I think it may be important to define:
>
> * Format.  I agree that this could be something simple, but it should be
> defined.  By opaque, do you mean undefined?
> * Behavior with GET.  For this, I propose using a subset of HTTP/1.1

I think we agree. I actually meant well-defined but opaque to JavaScript
consumers. In other words script in a web page can't deduce any meaningful
information from the string. If we're aiming for that property then it
makes sense that the entire scheme be defined (something like
filedata:00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000000). We can bikeshed the scheme
name later but I'd prefer something more generic now url is off Blob.

I agree that there should be HTTP/1.1 response codes for GET.

Cheers,

Adrian.