Re: Capture API question

On 6/21/10 12:04 PM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2010, at 20:57, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
>

>> Hi Dzung,
>>

>> On 6/18/10 9:17 AM, Tran, Dzung D wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I think Arun's suggestion is fine and does aligned with some of the discussions going on in HTML5 WG.
>>>

>> If such a thing exists, can you point me to a thread on either public-html or whatwg that discusses input type for camera invocation?  I think the existing editor's draft covering the accept attribute [1] doesn't include Andrei's/Google's proposes enhancement for capture scenarios, and we should discuss these within HTML.  This should supplement DAP WG's interface specification.  If we don't have a such a thread, one of us should start one within HTML WG :-)
>>
> While we're on that one, what are the reasons to overload MIME syntax in @accept instead of adding a separate attribute that triggers a relevant sensor, when present?

Minimizing attributes is nice; I don't think this is overloading.
Rather, by including @accept in the first place, we may have all that we
need.

At the risk of bikeshedding, what is your proposal, and why is it better?

Currently, it seems we have Andrei's proposal:

<input type="file" accept="image/*;source=camera">  [1]

Upon reflection, I'm not sure if we even need the extra ";source=camera"
part.  Our implementation doesn't use it, and thus we have the existing
use of @accept which seems sufficient.  Andrei, do you think we actually
need the additional qualifier?  If so, why?

-- A*
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0106.html