RE: Transferring File* to WebApps - redux

Thomas,

It's not entirely a technical question, but where can the work get more
effectively done per the requirements. My preference is to keep these
discussions in DAP as that's where we have regular F2F meetings and conf
calls (which are important) and can address this functionality more
consistently with the other DAP APIs. Adding another set of conf calls
and potentially distinct F2F meetings is problematic re resources that
can be applied to this work.

But for the requirements, which in the current versions of the DAP APIs
(Filesystem: File writing, Filesystem: other operations) are not far
from where they need to be, and further input from me and others would
definitely help, I understand:
- access filesystems on the host device
- traverse directories
- read files as they exist on the filesystem (not just a local
representation in memory, as currently defined in the File API to my
understanding), in bytes and lines
- write files (similar requirement to write directly to the filesystem),
in bytes and lines, with overwrite and append options
- do the above programmatically in Javascript (not dependent just upon
user selection of an input element and interaction with a file selector)
- provide security for this using the policy-framework approach as being
defined for DAP APIs

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T