Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-06-02

Le mercredi 09 juin 2010 à 05:05 -0700, James Salsman a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:34 AM,  <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
> > For agenda item #4, policy, please add
> >
> > Agree to update Policy Requirements as in proposal?
> >
> > Please see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0065.html
>
> Frederik, at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/att-0065/Proposal.html#prompts
> it says, "Prompts should be eliminated whenever possible."
>
> What is the alternative to prompts?

The alternative is to include the user's decision in the API workflow;
for instance, only allowing access to the camera if/when the user
presses the shutter button when presented with the viewfinder.

As to why we want to avoid security prompts, see our issue-28:
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/28

Dom