Re: Next steps with vcard / POCO / OMA

On 2 Aug 2010, at 15:45, Harry Halpin wrote:

>> The IETF's vcard4 spec is through Working Group Last Call and going to be
>> in IETF Last Call soon; that will be the last opportunity for us to review
>> and comment on that work.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, that WG is recommending
>> that we use vcard4 as the underlying format, not PoCo.  There is no
>> current communication between that group and PoCo.
>>
>> I seem to have an action item to organize a joint conference call with the
>> vcard4 folks some time soon; we should also try to invite Joseph Smarr and
>> the OMA folks to that.

> It would be great if they were aligned. Do you have any concrete date
> proposals?

Concrete documents are on the table for:

- vcard4, about to go into IETF last call
- PoCo
- DAP (with a PoCo-based contact model)

We're waiting to hear from OMA.  I hope that we can get the discussion started by having those who haven't yet reviewed any of the other drafts do so.

> Happy to help set it up via Social Web XG as well.

Thanks. However, I don't know that that will be necessary for this particular conversation.