Re: Interesting notes on designing Web standards

Thanks for the notes, Robin! My favourite is "Implement First.
Standards created in a vacuum are usually bad"

But even more interesting is the note for "authors haven't read HTML4"

For me, API design goes hand in hand with testing. Most people are not
going to read the specs, ever. Most designs will never cover all
corner cases, ever. But forcing you to write tests to your API puts
you in the point of view of the implementer (good) and at the same
time provides something to the implementer that allows them to test if
they are done EVEN if they have never read the specs (double good)

I think we have to strengthen up the position of producing tests
alongside with the specifications, even in early phases. Now, I
realize it may be a question of getting people to help (if we don't
have editors, even less test writers) but for this specific item,
maybe we could leverage some help from the OEMs and other "early
implementors"?

Saludos!

---
ricardo

--
Ricardo Varela  -  http://phobeo.com  -  http://twitter.com/phobeo
"Though this be madness, yet there's method in 't"