RE: ISSUE-16: Gathering requirements [User Interaction API]

From: David Rogers <david.rogers@omtp.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:27:40 +0100
To: "Robin Berjon" <robin@robineko.com>, "Anssi Kostiainen" <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Cc: "ext Brian LeRoux" <brian@westcoastlogic.com>, "Device APIs and Policy Working Group WG" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
"
Then there is the other side which is that the developer may wish to
use the vibration mechanism (say, for instance, to match collisions in
a game). This is a vibrate() API, and if the device can't vibrate then
I expect that nothing happens (or some other error handling mechanism).
"

[DAVID] - I would expect there to be feedback via an error to the effect
that 'the feature is not supported on the device'

David
David Rogers
Director of External Relations, OMTP