Re: ISSUE-16: Gathering requirements [User Interaction API]

From: Robin Berjon <robin@robineko.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:53:37 +0200
Cc: Device APIs and Policy Working Group WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
On Oct 20, 2009, at 10:23 , Anssi Kostiainen wrote:
> It seems the "Web Notifications" thread [1] at WebApps WG ML
> coincidentally revived yesterday. If WebApps drives the work DAP can
> concentrate on the current v1 parts as specified in the "User
> Interface" requirements [2] and let WebApps handle the notifications
> stuff.
>
> [1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0225.html
> >
> [2] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/NOTE-dap-api-reqs-20091015/#user-interface

Actually, I think that WebApps would like DAP to handle this. I don't
personally care where it gets done so long as it does. There may be a
good case to make for splitting the notifications and the lower-level
vibrate/light/etc. functionality into different specifications (which
we can do). This is definitely a topic for co-ordination at TPAC,
though of course if you wish to take a first stab at specifying this
you are *very* welcome to do so.

--
Robin Berjon
   robineko  hired gun, higher standards