Re: Is there proposal of accessing metadata of media files?

Hello Dzung,

sorry for jumping in, but from
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2009/dap/api-reqs/Overview-FPWGN.html?rev=1.6&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#gallery
"Exposing metadata is tricky, often giving a choice between creating an
endless ontology or building an open-ended system that guarantees no
interoperability. "
I am not sure what you are looking for:
- an ontology defining mappings between existing metadata (being defined by
media annotations working group (MAWG))
- new metadata properties defined as an ontology (not defined by MAWG)
- an API which reflects the mapping of existing properties in the ontology
to access methods for metadata (provided by MAWG)
- an API for low-level reading mechanisms (not provided by MAWG - e.g. for
XML-based formats provided by an XML-parser)

Best,

Felix