Re: Camera/Caputre API (was: DAP Roadmap, priorities)

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Robin Berjon wrote:

> The reason I'm interested in looking at (2) is because I'm concerned
> that we may be trying to pile too much onto <input> — we could, after
> all, have had <input type='location'>. If the geolocation model works,
> we should build on it. This doesn't prevent the <input>-based access —
> in fact for the capture API I like it very much because it makes a lot
> of sense semantically here. We can do both — so long as we build on
> existing models I feel rather safe that we're not doing weird stuff and
> that we're benefitting from improvements that can be made to other parts
> of the stack that rely on these approaches.

We tried <input type=location> before using an async API. It wasn't quite
the right fit for various reasons (in particular, it's not clear what the
user interaction would be -- there's no location to select, generally,
it's just a recurring event when the user moved).