Re: Use Cases and Requirements for Saving Files Securely

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:21:06 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Doug Schepers wrote:
>>>
>>> Please send in use cases, requirements, concerns, and concrete
>>> suggestions about the general topic (regardless of your opinion about
>>> my
>>> suggestion).
>>
>> Some use cases:
>>
>> * Ability to manage attachments in Web-based mail clients, both
>> receiving  and sending
>> * Ability to write a Web-based mail client that uses mbox files or the
>>  Maildir format locally
>> * Ability to write a Web-based photo management application that handles
>>  the user's photos on the user's computer
>> * Ability to expose audio files to native media players
>> * Ability to write a Web-based media player that indexes the user's
>> media
>
> These are good use cases.

I would like to expand them a little, in each case making it possible to
use existing content, or expose content directly to the user enabling them
to change the software they use, or even use multiple tools on the same
content - a web app one day, a different one next week, a piece of
shrink-wrap software from time to time.

And add:

* A document management system as hybrid web app, allowing file-based
access to the documents as well.

cheers

Chaals