It's also about Policy [Was: Re: Draft Charter for a Device API and Security WG

On May 14, 2009, at 5:12 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:

> On May 14, 2009, at 08:51 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
>> Le mercredi 13 mai 2009 à 21:38 +0100, David Rogers a écrit :
>>> In general we are very pleased with the charter, so here are some
>>> small changes from us:
>>>
>>> 1) Title: "Device APIs and Security Working Group Charter"
>>
>> I'm not sure about adding "and Security" to the name of the group:
>> * it makes the name quite long and mouthful
>> * it reads awkwardly: it won't work on device security, nor on
>> security
>> in general, but on the securing access to device APIs which that
>> title
>> doesn't convey
>>
>> I don't feel very strongly about it, so I can add it back if others
>> do.
>
> Neither do I, just some suggestions in case they help consensus:

Since the "Security Policy Framework" deliverable is a very important
part of this Charter, I think it makes sense to directly acknowledge
that in the group's name.

I'm not as concerned about length as some so if that's an issue, I
could live with just inserting Policy i.e. Device API and Policy WG,
thus adding a +1 to David's proposal [1].

-Regards, Art Barstow

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2009May/
0031.html>