RE: ISSUE-4 (api-versioning): API Versioning [APIs - General]

Is it open season on these issues?

Well, how's this for a discussion kick-off: no versioning.

Backward compatibility MUST be maintained in future versions of the same
API. This means that existing methods, parameters, callbacks and classes
MUST NOT be changed if they have been featured in any previous
*approved* versions of a W3C API specification. If changes are required
that intend to break any existing methods, parameters, callbacks and
classes in previously approved W3C API specifications then a new API
name MUST be allocated for this effort.

Just my 2 cents from similar discussions elsewhere :-)

The emphasis of the group must be on getting the basics right much like
W3C Geolocation has been doing (and IMO done well). I'd prefer less
functionality as long as we have a solid foundation to build from in the
future.