Re: [AR Standards Discussion] ARML Standards Working Group being formed through OGC (available for comment)

> To define a
> standard as "THE" markup language for "AR" and claim it's "web based",
> before we have integrated audio and video into the DOM is just way too
> premature on both counts.  What you are working with may be a 2.0
> version of the standard you've developed...but it's nothing like a 1.0
> version of the AR everyone envisions...yet.  Without at least a pathway
> towards deeper media pattern processing like Computer Vision and Hearing
> then we're really not even at a robust Alpha yet.

+1

a great insight!

@Martin Lechner

so "whoever creates the standard, it doesn't really matter"

is a really proper view on the situation while the standard is going to be
the Standard,
so developers would use the "ARML" as a given name for the Augmented Reality,
let's say 1.0

for another situation i have asked
"2. Do you think it is 'Ok' to make some other consortium and move
separately from the current W3C governance?
(like WHATWG did, for example)"

if not,

if ARML is completely "nothing but webtechnologies"

the reasonable question:

- are there a plans to collaborate,
to work side by side with the current WG's of W3C, IETF, etc.,
for the further 'ratification' into the standard W3C process?