Re: Open source release of "Stralo", a new Linked Data platform

On 18 October 2017 at 16:50, Bram Biesbrouck <bram.biesbrouck@reinvention.be
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list, so please allow me to say hi to everyone
> reading this. I'm Bram, a Belgian developer and (small) business owner,
> fascinated by Linked Data.
>
> I'm reaching out to you because we have just released a new Linked Data
> software suite called "Stralo" as open source to Github and we're dying to
> get some feedback on it. We've been developing Stralo for the last 2-3
> years, so it's quite extensive, but "we" is only three people, so don't
> expect it to be polished, shiny and shimmering just yet.
>
> Stralo is build on a few central paradigms. It has native support for
> advanced back-end functionalities like Distributed Storage (HDFS), Big
> Data/Grid Computing (Hadoop/JPPF), Computer Vision and Artificial
> Intelligence (JavaCPP, OpenCV, Tesseract, ...). But on the other hand, we
> managed to hide all that complexity away by inventing a new UI, more or
> less based on Lego and Webcomponents. Also, everything is stored in a
> Triple Store so Stralo has RDF baked into it's DNA.
>
> We'd love to see Stralo grow, be tried out and picked at by other
> developers. The code was released under a commercial-friendly license
> (Apache2). It's business model is as open as possible, with sponsored
> coding sprints, support and training sessions, so we, together with others,
> have the means to promote it and make it bigger and better.
>
> *Stralo is new and we're in the process of introducing it to the
> community. It would be very cool if you could take a look at www.stralo.com
> <http://www.stralo.com/> and spread the word together with us (**blog/tweet/post
> about it or just forward this mail**), so other interested parties find
> their way to this new project.*

Looks very cool!

I'm interested in running video on the solid platform [1]

It also uses linked data and I have added basic support for byte ranges so
that you can seek within a video file

Do you see any synergies or possibilities to interop between the two
systems?

One thing I'd like to develop is video playlists, and a viewer and ontology
for that, for example.

[1] https://github.com/solid/solid