Re: Reinventing Web applications

On 6/23/14 2:01 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 6/23/14 11:41 AM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
>> We don't want to call Graphity a "framework", as this term suggests it
>> has to be extended to build an application. We on the other hand want
>> to make it as finite as possible (the imperative Java part, that is),
>> and move logic to data instead.
> +1 for moving the logic into the data. That's RDF 101 i.e., the logic
> of relations (predicates) is part of data representation and
> comprehensible to both humans and machines.
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/1uffmNe -- A Prolog to Prolog article that sheds
> light on the perennial issues with programming that's resurfacing in
> the realm of RDF and Web applications .

In addition to the above:

"Fundamental problem:  Most programmers don't understand how simple logic
really is, and most logicians don't know how to explain logic to anyone
who doesn't already speak their language"    -- John F. Sowa, recent
Ontolog forum post [1] .

Links:

[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2014-06/msg00091.html --
Ontology forum post