From: public-ddwg-request@w3.org on behalf of José Manuel Cantera Fonseca
Sent: Mon 21/01/2008 11:59
To: public-ddwg@w3.org
Subject: [API] State of things and plan for the Editor's F2F

Hi,

As per the action I took on last telco I'm sending out this e-mail to summarize the state of things wrt the Core API [1]:

State of the things
-------------------

+ The DDR interface is nearly finished although there are some decisions I think we need to revisit (see below). The only thing that we need to make a final decision is wrt units.

Next work
-----------

+ ContextKey interface. During the F2F in Boston We dropped the getHandle interface . We need to revisit the decision as the implementation experience has demonstrated that this is something needed, not only for Java but also for WSDL (Rodrigo can give us more information :) )
+ Exceptions. We need to define all the exceptions that the API will need
+ DDRIdentification interface. We need to agree on the methods of this interface. Particularlly we need to define how will be the interfaces to be used at design time.
+ DDRFactory. In the current protoype the DDRFactory is got from the DDRService interface. We need to agree on this
+ Constants Constants are needed to deal with enumerated values. We need to decide whether we are going to define constants in the Jaba binding
+ Aspects We need to think more on this. An initial vocabulary of aspects could be based on UAProf and the DC ontology. With respect to the API, we need to define how are we going to access to aspects, perhaps a combination of a factory plus a set of constants
+ getActiveComponent. I think we need to revisit this methods as its have dynamic connotations and our API is only intended  for static info stored in DDRs
+ units We need to reach to a final agreement regarding units in the API and in general
+ bootstrapping interfaces. We need to treat this
+ DDRMeta interface. We need to treat this
+ FacetedProperties that can take a maximum, minimum, default and actual (see [1])
+ IDL-WSDL (Rodrigo has been dealing with this and provided he attends the F2F he can enlight us with his conclusions. There is an initial version of the WSDL commited in [2]

Best Regards

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/DDWG/drafts/api/java/DDR-API-Minimal/doc/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-dcontology-20071221/#PixelCount
[3] https://forge.morfeo-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/?root=ddr-ri