RE: Preview of full latest Java Interface : Comments on SimpleService interface

I share your concerns on most of this. In particular I think the method names are unmanageable (and actually self contradictory - did I mention that this is the "Simple" interface, maybe better stick the word Simple in again just in case). I think we could banish the word Simple from the interfaces as Jose suggests and leave it in the package name as a clue.

We have a frighteningly large number of overloaded methods. One for every day of the week, two for Sunday, and a spare for leap years.

We have also a SimpleService.newSimplePropertyRef(String aspect, SimplePropertyName) method that appears to duplicate the SimplePropertyName.newSimplePropertyRef(String aspect) method. So I think we should take the factories out of SimplePropertyRef and SimplePropertyName interfaces as being redundant.

All that aside, my biggest concern is that we are in a process of taking two steps forward and one step back. I can see the pages of the calendar blowing away, like in those old movies, and I am planning to be on a plane, Saturday, to attend a meeting that will resolve this document as at least a FPWD and preferably a LCWD. So in short, this process needs to come to a conclusion.

Jo