RE: Core Vocabulary 1g : Editorial Comments

--------
Abstract

"This document describes the Device Description Repository Core Vocabulary for Content Adaptation in the Mobile Web, described in the charter of the Device Descriptions Working Group, as well as the process by which the Vocabulary was defined"

Introduction

"This document identifies properties that are considered essential for adaptation of content in the mobile Web"

+ Comment: We need to be coherent in the nomenclature, if Mobile Web starts with upper case, it should start with upper case in every place

----

Introduction

... baseline Vocabulary for implementations of the Device Description Repository (DDR)

+ Comment: vocabulary shouldn't start with upper case letter (I think)
+ Comment: people might misunderstand that there is unique DDR

Suggested change:

"for Device Description Repository Implementations"

-----

Introduction

"The Vocabulary makes reference to the ontology for the Web Delivery Context which is being developed by the W3C UWA Working Group [UWA-Ontology]."

Comment: We are not actually cross referencing the DC Ontology. Shouldn't this text be dropped?

----

Aspects of the Core Vocabulary

"Work on Aspects of the Delivery Context continues, however, for the purposes of this Vocabulary two specific Aspects are identified."

Comment: The phrase is unmeaningful to me ...

-----

I suggest that aspects have an specific chapter with an structure similar to the properties

+ Aspects
|---- Device
|--------ID
|--------Description

-----

Property Names and Property Value Types

"The Property identifiers are associated with the namespace http://www.w3.org/2008/01/ddr-core-vocabulary"

Comment: We need to say clearly that we are referring to the core vocabulary and that other vocabularies will also have its own IRI identifier

-----

When id's of aspects or properties are referenced in the text, they should be put between <code> tags, to allow a better internationalization of the document

-------

In the examples, shouldn't we stay away from naming specific products, such as Mozilla Firefox?

----

4.5.2

"Identified as an important Property by the DDWG in its Top N finding. Present in UAProf. Present (and used) in existing adaptation solutions"

Comment: "Top N finding" and "UAProf" should be present as references in the document

-----

4.5.7

"Needed if the screen orientation is rotated 90 degrees, in which case this Property would represent the width of the rotated screen."

Comment: This sentence should be dropped as it is even wrong if the screen it's rotated this will represent the height of the display

--------------

4.6.4

"Count the number of bits usable  ...."

Comment: I suggest changing "usable" by "available"

-------

4.10.3

"Set of image formats a client supports as part of a Web page"

Comment: Do we really need to say "as part of a Web page"

---------

4.13.3

"Which scripting languages are supported."

Comment: It should say "Set of scripting languages a client supports" if we want to be coherent with the rest of the property description

----

Nothing more for the moment