From: public-ddwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ddwg-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jo Rabin
Sent: 23 March 2007 12:30
To: Andrea Trasatti; public-ddwg@w3.org
Subject: RE: Device Description definition

When we say "dynamic properties", I wonder if it would be useful to
distinguish "dynamic properties of a device class" from "dynamic
properties of a device instance".

It seems to me that the IMEI of a device instance is not dynamic whereas
the screen orientation is. I can see that the IMEI of a device class
might be considered dynamic, but wouldn't it be less prone to
misinterpretation to call it device specific?

What we are getting at in both cases is that you can't tell what it is
in an a priori way. That doesn't mean it's dynamic, necessarily.

Jo

On