From: public-ddwg-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ddwg-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gail Rahn
Frederick
Sent: 10 December 2008 03:41
To: public-ddwg-comments@w3.org
Subject: Industry Use Case for Device Description Structures

Re the working draft about Device Description Structures:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-dd-structures-20081205/

I would like to share an industry use case about a similar technology.
At Medio, we use an in-house XML format to specify device abstractions
that are a layer above the device database (device grouping and other
properties). Our format is very similar to that proposed in the Device
Description Structures note, so I thought it might be useful to the Note
authors to examine our work for components of general value. I am
waiting for company permission to disclose technology specifics.
Meanwhile, who are the right contacts to discuss further off-list?

Warm regards,

 Gail Frederick

Gail Rahn Frederick | Mobile Software Architect | o:(206)262-3719 |
m:(503)260-0910 | 701 Pike St. #1500 Seattle, WA 98101

Medio Systems - The Leader in Mobile Search & Advertising