Re: SHACL Compact Syntax, was Re: Fwd: Transition Request: 3 FPWGNOTE documents

FWIW I have made a simple switch that will make accidental clashes
between the two compact syntaxes very unlikely: Instead of ending lines
with ';' we now use '.' (like SPARQL/Turtle).

I wouldn't mind holding off the release of SHACL Compact Syntax and vote
again next week. I do believe however that we could just as well go
ahead as planned. The document had been visible to the public for quite
a while now, without such feedback. I had also sent direct emails to the
people in the acknowledgements section, without getting any response, so
I assumed it was OK. And any WG Note is just a starting point, with the
explicit goal of serving as input to future standardization efforts.

On the general topic I can only reiterate that the Shapes WG had made
several resolutions that a Compact Syntax is produced and that it should
look like ShExC. The explicit assumption was that this would be a
deliverable by the WG, I believe it was even assigned to someone from
the ShEx "camp". We are merely executing on those resolutions although I
would have preferred if someone else had worked on them.

Given the unfortunate politics around this WG, we cannot make everyone
happy.

Holger